Dr. Bagnato and his ECP team have been recipients of numerous prestigious public service and research awards for the quality, effectiveness, and success of their community-based collaborations; these awards were supported by testimonials from over 100 national, international, and regional partners:
- 1986 Braintree Hospital National Brain Injury Research Award, Braintree, MA;
- 1995 American Psychological Association, Division 16--School Psychology Quarterly, "Best Research Article Award", for A National Study of the Social and Treatment Invalidity of Intelligence Testing in Early Intervention"
- 2001 University of Pittsburgh Chancellor's Distinguished Public Service Award;
- 2008 Penn State University Excellence in Education Alumni Award.
- 2008 appointment by Governor Rendell to become a core member of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Governor's Early Learning Council (ELC), a policy, practices, and advisement forum for early childhood intervention.