SELECTED COMMERCIAL PUBLICATIONS BY DR. BAGNATO AND THE ECP TEAM
- Bagnato, SJ, Neisworth, JT, Pretti-Frontczak,K. (2010). LINKing authentic assessment and early childhood intervention: Best measures for best practices. (4th Edition). Baltimore, MD, Paul Brookes.
- Bagnato, SJ. (2007). Authentic Assessment for Early Childhood Intervention: Best Practices. New York, NY: Guilford Press, Inc [click for pdf]
- Bagnato, SJ, Suen, HK, Fevola, A (2011). Dosage effects on developmental progress during early childhood intervention (ECI): Accessible metrics for real-life research and advocacy. Infants & Young Children, 24(2), 32-47.
- Bagnato, SJ, McKeating, E, Fevola, A, & Bartolomasi, A (2008). Valid use of clinical judgment (informed opinion) for early intervention eligibility. Infants & Young Children, 20(1), 35-48.
- Bagnato, SJ, McLean, M, Macy, M. (2012). Identifying instructional targets for early childhood via authentic assessment: Alignment of professional standards and practice-based evidence. Journal of Early Intervention.
- Bagnato, SJ (2012). Using your good judgment: Informed opinion for early intervention. Young Exceptional Children.
- Pretti-Frontczak, K, Bagnato, SJ, Macy, M (2011). Data-driven decision-making to plan programs and promote performance. In C. Groark and S. Eidelman. Early childhood intervention: Shaping the future for children with special needs and their families. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger/ABC-CLIO, LLC.
- Bagnato, SJ, Macy, M. (2012). The authentic alternative for assessment in early childhood intervention. In T. Kehle, Oxford Handbook of Psychological Assessment. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Lehman, C. Salaway, J., Bagnato, SJ (2011). Prevention as early intervention for young children at-risk: Recognition and response in early childhood. In M. Bray and T. Kehle (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of School Psychology, New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Bagnato, SJ, Blair, K, Slater, J, McNally, R, Mathew, J, Minzenberg, B (2004). Developmental healthcare partnerships in inclusive early childhood intervention settings: The HealthyCHILD model, Infants and Young Children, 17(4), 301-317.
- Bagnato SJ, Neisworth JT: (1995). A national study of the social and treatment "invalidity" of intelligence testing for early intervention. School Psych Quarterly 9(2):81-102.
- Bagnato SJ, Neisworth JT: (1999). Collaboration and teamwork in assessment for early intervention. Child Adol Psych Cl North Am 8(2):1-17.
- Bagnato SJ, Neisworth JT: (2000). Normative detection of early regulatory disorders and Autism: Empirical confirmation of DC:0-3. Inf Young Children 12(2):98-109.
- Bagnato SJ, Neisworth JT, Salvia J, Hunt F: (1999). Temperament and Atypical Behavior Scale: Early Childhood Indicators of Developmental Dysfunction. Baltimore, MD, Paul Brookes Publishing Co.
- Bagnato, SJ, Suen, HK, Brickley, D, Smith-Jones, J, Dettore, E (2002). Child developmental impact of Pittsburgh's Early Childhood Initiative (ECI) in high-risk communities: First phase authentic evaluation research. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 17(4), 559-580.
- Neisworth JT, Bagnato SJ: (1995). Neurobehavioral markers for early regulatory disorders. Inf Young Children 8(1):8-17.
- Neisworth JT, Bagnato SJ: (2005). Recommended practices in assessment (17-28). In Sandall S, McLean ME, Smith BJ (eds): DEC Recommended Practices in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education. Longmont, CO: Sopris West.
- Neisworth, JT & Bagnato, SJ (2004). The mismeasure of young children: The authentic assessment alternative, Infants and Young Children, 17(3), 198-212.
- Bagnato, SJ (2005). The authentic alternative for assessment in early intervention: An emerging evidence-based practice. Journal of Early Intervention, 28(1).
- Bagnato, SJ, Yeh-Ho, H (2005). High-stakes testing with preschool children: Violation of professional standards for evidence-based practice in early childhood intervention. KEDI International Journal of Educational Policy, 3(1), 2006.
- Bagnato, SJ, (2006). Of helping and measuring for early childhood intervention: Reflections on issues and school psychology's role. School Psych Rev., 35(4), 615-620.
- Korkus-Ruiz, S, Dettore, E, Bagnato, SJ, Yeh-Ho, H, I(2007). Improving the quality of early childhood education programs: Evaluation of a mentoring process for staff and administrators. Early Child Serv., 1(1), 33-48.